Sunday, May 8 - Saturday, May 21, Blue and Red Line trains will be detoured off 1st Avenue in Portland City Center, and run on the Transit Mall along 5th and 6th avenues. Shuttle buses will serve stops near 1st Avenue.
On the westside, only the Blue Line will run between Hillsboro and Library/Galleria MAX stations.
Green Line trains will run only between Rose Quarter Transit Center and Clackamas Town Center.
MAX System Reliability Improvements
TriMet is making much-needed improvements to MAX tracks, switches and equipment to create a smoother ride and improve on-time performance. The work along 1st Avenue is one of four major projects slated for 2016 and 2017. Each project is complex and requires a service disruption lasting several weeks. Our crews will be combining work as much as possible to reduce the impact on riders. TriMet knows it will be an inconvenience for many of you and appreciate your patience as they make your MAX ride better. Get information at trimet.org/maximprovements.
Tips for Riders
- All MAX lines will run on reduced frequencies. Expect crowding throughout the day, especially during rush hour.
- Allow at least an extra 30-45 minutes for your trip.
- Consider adjusting your commute to avoid the crowds during rush hour (7-9AM and 4-6PM)
- When possible, consider using regular bus service or alternate transportation.
- Shuttle buses will run about every 5 minutes most of the day.
- Don't worry about showing your fare to shuttle bus operators.
During the project, room for bikes onboard MAX will be very limited due to reduced frequency on all lines and crowds. To prevent extended delays, either cycle your entire way, park your bike at a station, or leave your bike at home during these 2 weeks.