The Bicycle Transportation Alliance will be in Lloyd to teach a one-hour clinic covering laws, skills, basic gear, and basic maintenance of bike commuting. This is a great introductory class for people who are new to bicycling or interested in learning more about how to enjoy safe and comfortable bike commuting in all seasons. Experienced commuters are encouraged to come and share their tips with fellow riders and hopefully walk away with new knowledge as well.
Topics covered at the workshop include:
- Basics of riding – laws, traffic signals and signs, how to handle bike lanes, bike boxes, tracks, and sidewalks
- Skills – hand signals, turning, sharing the lane, and changing lanes
- Choosing gear – bikes, helmets, lights, locks, accessories, cold and rain gear, carrying kids and cargo
- Route planning – resources and taking bicycles on transit
- Q&A – answers to questions from new or experienced riders
When: Thursday April 21st 12-1pm
Bring your lunch, grab it at the new Green Zebra Grocery!
Where: 700 NE Multnomah St, 3rd floor conference room
Who: You and anyone you know interested in learning how to bike commute.
FREE, RSVP to Kathryn@golloyd.org