In partnership with The Street Trust, there will be an Oregon Friendly Driver Class held during lunch in the 3rd floor conference room of the Lloyd 700 Building.
The Oregon Friendly Driver program is a free 90-minute interactive class aimed at educating all drivers on the best and safest ways to share the road with people getting around on foot or by bike. These classes are taught by The Street Trust’s education staff and organized in partnership with Commute Options and the Lane Council of Governments. This class is based on the Bicycle Friendly Driver program developed by FC Bikes in collaboration with Bike Fort Collins.
The Oregon Friendly Driver class addresses:
• Why sharing the road is the safest alternative for both motorists and bicyclists
• What’s legal and what’s not legal for motorists, bicyclists and pedestrians
• Common crashes and how to avoid them
• Why bicyclists “take the lane” and what motorists should do in response
• How to navigate bicycle and pedestrian related infrastructure such as: sharrows, bike boxes, green lanes, and rapid flashing beacons