Morrison-Yamhill MAX Improvements Project
On April 30, TriMet will launch the Morrison-Yamhill MAX Improvements Project. The work runs April 30 through May 20 and will take place between the SW Morrison and Yamhill streets at 11th and 1st Avenues. Shuttle buses will provide service between the Providence Park MAX Station and the Rose Quarter Transit Center (TC). Shuttles will run about every 5 minutes most of the day. Allow at least an extra 30 – 45 minutes for your trip.
- WHEN: Sunday, April 30 through Saturday, May 20, 2017
- WHY: This section of the light rail system was originally the end of the first-ever MAX line and has been in service more than 30 years. Major improvements and upgrades will increase the longevity of the system and maintain safe, effective transit service. The work will address switches, signals and track work to improve reliability plus make for a smoother ride. Also, broken bricks and pavement next to the rails will be repaired and replaced which will benefit pedestrians, cyclists and auto drivers. The City of Portland and Multnomah County will also use the opportunity to make infrastructure repairs that would have otherwise led to additional MAX disruptions.
- WHAT: MAX Blue, Green and Red lines will be disrupted. Service is similar to the 1st Avenue MAX Improvements project last May:
- Blue Line will run between Gresham and PSU (moving to SW 5th & 6th Avenues), and between Hillsboro and Providence Park on the west side.
- Red Line will run between PDX and PSU (moving to SW 5th & 6th Avenues). No Red Lines will run on the west side. Riders heading to the airport should board a Blue Line train into town and connect, via shuttle bus, with the Red Line on 6th Avenue.
- Green Line will run between Clackamas Town Center and Rose Quarter TC.
- Orange and Yellow lines will run their regular route between Expo and Park Ave.
- All MAX service will run on reduced frequency and riders can expect crowded trains.
- Shuttle buses will provide service between the Providence Park MAX Station, on 5th/6th avenues and the Rose Quarter TC.
- Portland Streetcar: Due to work on SW 11th Avenue, Portland Streetcar will be disrupted during the first two weeks of the project: Sunday, April 30, through Saturday, May 13. Shuttle buses will replace service along NW 10th/11th.
Please see the attached map of the service plan. For updates, please sign up for service alerts for your MAX Line at the following link, trimet.org/emailupdates. More information will be posted at trimet.org/maximprovements closer to the project.