Lloyd EcoDistrict is a visionary non-profit business organization which seeks to make the Lloyd District the most sustainable business district in North America. Lloyd EcoDistrict does this by achieving efficiency and effectiveness through scale, working together on energy efficiency, transportation, water and waste management as a district rather than as an individual person, building or business. Lloyd EcoDistrict believes that this scale is right: small enough to innovate quickly, big enough to have a meaningful impact.
Lloyd EcoDistrict is seeking an individual who has experience (school or work) in communications, graphic design and community outreach. In addition, you should have a demonstrated passion for sustainability efforts. This intern position will provide support to the Executive Director, assisting with development and fundraising activities, outreach and marketing of events and activities, and provide general communication support.
Event coordination and community outreach
- Assist the Executive Director with event development coordination.
- Staff outreach events such as the EcoFair, City Repair Project, Pop-Up Park, E-Bike Takeover.
- Attend community based meetings to represent the Lloyd EcoDistrict.
- Assist with community outreach designed to promote, engage, educate and inform the community about the goals of the LED.
General Marketing support
- Update and create marketing materials for corporation and foundation grant seeking suitable for print and web based platforms.
- Intern will co-create:
- Program descriptions
- Event signage, posters, web links
- PowerPoint presentations
Social Media & Web-based work
- Maintain updates to Lloyd EcoDistrict Facebook and Twitter accounts, and grow the number of followers to the accounts.
- Update blog and website.
Requires experience or skills in the following areas:
- roficiency in graphic design programs such as InDesign and as well as blogging platforms such as WordPress. Ability to work independently, self-directed and confident in a variety of settings (corporate, small business, government, and local community groups). This position may require some work during evenings and weekends.
- Strong inter-personal and cultural competence skills.
- A demonstrable commitment to promoting and enhancing diversity.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills including the effective use of social media.
- Experience with basic computer programs including but not limited to Microsoft Office Suite, Constant Contact, Google applications/tools, or other virtual communication and outreach methods.
If interested, please send resume, cover letter, and a sample of your writing and design work to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls. Position is open until filled.
Salary: $12.00/hour to start, 15-20 hours/week. Flexible hours. Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com by March 18, 2016.
Lloyd EcoDistrict - 2203 Lloyd Center, Portland, OR 97232